<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d17177972\x26blogName\x3dThe+Waiting+Game\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dLIGHT\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://2weekwait.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://2weekwait.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d5855585264951686984', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <script type='text/javascript' src='http://track3.mybloglog.com/js/jsserv.php?mblID=2006122920164598'></script>

Friday, November 04, 2005

Feebee - CD8

After months of feeling confident I wouldn't need it, I finally bought Taking Charge of Your Fertililty by Toni Weschler. I skulked into Waterstones at lunchtime and sulked as soon as I saw the pregnancy section. Much like I sulked in Boots at the weekend, when I had to buy my basal body thermometer.

I asked my GP whether or not we should be trying this month, and she said we might as well as my LP varies in length. She also said that at my age (35) we probably wouldn't want to waste a month. She is right. However, a fellow TTC-er, who has also suffered from a LP defect, advised me to wait until it's sorted out, to save myself the heartache of another m/c or chemical pregancy. She is also right.

I have made a decision to sit on the fence. We will have unprotected sex this month, but I will not force DH to perform at certain times, as decided by soul-destroying little sticks (I hate them all) dipped in pots of pee. I will still have to co-operate with the sticks (b*****ds) in order to date O, but they will not be the boss of me this month!!! We will go back to the old-fashioned way of BDing - for fun, when we feel like it!!!!!

Disclaimer: I may change my mind about this, but for now I'm just going to chill out and enjoy the weekend without any TTC pressure.

5 Comments:

At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Lisau said...

Hey there,
Try not to think of it as failure (the books & thermometer) but as knowledge is power.I have that same hatred of all sticks at this point & am starting to literally cuss out the HPT's on occasion.
The temping can drive you crazy...if you temp as close to the same time each day it really helps & the basal therometers really change after any bit of activity so either take it beore you do ANYTHING else or if you need to use the bathroom first ALWAYS take it right after then..consistency makes the chart much better & the sooner after you are awake the better.
I have mine on my bedstand.

Have a great weekend, it is going to be great fall weather here so we will be out tramping through the woods again,

Cycle day 7 here so I am starting thoses sticks today,take care
Lisa(u)

 
At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good point Lisa - knowledge is power Feebee - the better you know what your body is up to the more control you will have.
Enjoy your carefree newly-wed (ish) nookie :)
Re the chemical pg I read this just moments ago in the sperm meets egg plan:
----------------------------------
Take a home pregnancy test 15 or 16 days after your OPK was positive if your period has not begun. Do not buy internet pregnancy tests or tests that claim to work before your period is expected. They are not well manufactured and are not reliable. They will only cause you more anxiety than you already feel in wanting to know. Please resist the urge to do a blood test at your doctor's office just to find out sooner unless you have a medical reason to know early. Fertilized eggs that do not grow are actually a terrible but normal occurrence as much as 75% of the time, and seeing a very low put positive blood test in the first 14 days can place you on a terrible emotional roller coaster. By the time a home pregnancy test is positive, your baby has safely implanted and your odds of miscarriage are down to a normal 10%.
-------------------------------
I'm still waiting for my +opk , we're on day 17 but maybe I'll get one tonight. I looked back on some old notes today & when I got pg last we bd'd on days 15, 17 & 18 so who knows tonight could be THE night....

Hmmm, what do you reckon the chances of me waiting till 15dpo to test?? As my Da would say Bob Hope and No hope :D

Derv

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Taking Charge of Your Fertility is a really neat book, whether you need its help to get pg or if you were just reading it for the info. There's so much in there that should be part of standard sex ed in schools. It's really neat to see how our bodies work. So, maybe the interesting parts can distract you from your reasons for buying it.

Plus, once you're ready to go full-force into ttcing again, instead of telling your dh that you got a +OPK (such a dull way to tell him), you can instead announce (as I was prone to do), "I'm full of mucus-y goodness!" :) (Wouldn't he just about die if he knew I was telling people that?)

Lisa

 
At 1:59 AM, Blogger Jetting Through Life said...

The book you got was great!! I have it and look at it often!

What did your doc say about your LP?

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Feebee said...

Lisa - I've been temping around the same time every day and it seems to have settled down now. Whenever DH hears the term "cervical mucus" he puts his hands over his ears and starts signing loudly - I don't think the thought of mucusy goodness would get him in the mood!!!

Derv - hope your still enjoying the BDing. As for testing - I have OD'd on them so much in the last 2 months that I never want to see them again. Why don't you test 5 times a day for about a week before your body could possibly produce a high enough level of HCG - do this for 5 months in a row and I guarantee it will help you not to test early. I hope.

JTL - my doc said it looks like I do have a LP defect, so I'm going to see my Obs next week so she can measure the levels of progesterone and oestrogen in my blood on CD21. Hopefully then she can prescribe me something to sort it out.

How are you doing? What stage of your cycle are you at?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home