<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d17177972\x26blogName\x3dThe+Waiting+Game\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dLIGHT\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://2weekwait.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://2weekwait.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d5855585264951686984', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <script type='text/javascript' src='http://track3.mybloglog.com/js/jsserv.php?mblID=2006122920164598'></script>

Monday, January 30, 2006

Don't tell me you understand

A long time ago I used to write (and publish!) poetry. My last post reminded me of something long forgotten:

Don't tell me you understand.

I could talk for hours
And usually do,
Trying to get through to you.

Then wait, with each
Last, hopeful breath,
To hear you betray yourself with words.

Words that frustrate
And alienate
Because they don't know what to say.

I don't need pity,
I don't need prose,
I just need someone.

So don't tell me you understand,
Don't tell me you sympathise,
Just tell me you care.

7 Comments:

At 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh jaysus, you have me crying. Very poignant.
Derv

 
At 3:54 PM, Anonymous lisau said...

Feebee,
Very nice and true isn't it?Are you writitng at all now?

As for your mom,like all moms I am sure she is just trying to make it better. A different generation without all the terms & tests...we will be better equipted to understand our daughters or daughters-in-law when the time comes.

Off topic..I love the term mum. So soft unlike MOM. My daughters call me mama which I do love...my mother called hers mummi with a lovely soft u. My mother was FInnish...her folks immigrated from Finland & my mom spoke Finn first.

Feeling kind of blah temps stayed up for a couple days crashed again & while above cover are nothing to write home about. Feeling very PMSY if you know what I mean. I do think I probably need this cycle to clear things out anyway.Helena told me last night that she needs a baby sister..that she would rock her,sleep with her & give her milk.

Hoping you have the post clomid luck..as opposed to lunar fertility,post MC fertility,seasonal fertility..blah blah blah..what a crock right? You just need a bit of the old fashioned sperm meets egg fertility! I am personally going to test the post chocolate fertility this next cycle.
Feeling like I am ready to start a new cycle any minute so best be getting on with the consumption!

Take care..and if this a repeat I am sorry...I posted a quite similar (But if you didn't read it trust me it was even more brilliant,moving & funny) post yesterday. It appears to be lost in cyberspace.
LIsa

 
At 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Feebee,

I forgot to say to call or mail anytime you want. We'll talk in person from now on.

xLizzy.

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Feebee said...

No, Lisa, hardly ever write any more - obsessing about TTC takes all my spare time these days!

Do you speak Finn??? Hope Helena gets her wish and things pick up for you this cycle. Any news yet?

Didn't know there was post-Clomid luck - will keep that in mind to keep my spirits up! I think I may have a post-Clomid cyst, have had pain in my left ovary since last O. It's only mild though so not too concerned.

I missed your original post - I'm sure it was funny and moving, they always are.

Lizzy - same to you, see you soon.

 
At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Pezzi di ricambio usati per saab Golf tourney arizona vibrators National football league nfl Dodge d100 pickup truck heat shielded floor liners Pay per click computer sponsors broken nose rhinoplasty Arcade game art 2005 us open golf championship golf balls pay forst permier bank credit card bill online Zyban lowest prices us vehicle insurance quote Skaneateles greens golf course http://www.international-scholarships-graduate-study.info Dealer cooking dishwashers laundry luxury vacuums

 
At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! »

 
At 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home