<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d17177972\x26blogName\x3dThe+Waiting+Game\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dLIGHT\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://2weekwait.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://2weekwait.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d5855585264951686984', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <script type='text/javascript' src='http://track3.mybloglog.com/js/jsserv.php?mblID=2006122920164598'></script>

Monday, January 09, 2006

Fertile thoughts

Since my speedy exit from message boards, I have spent more time reading other long-term TTC blogs, and am constantly overwhelmed at how interesting, thoughtful and witty the writing is. Contrast this with Prop Your Hips Up's assessment of language skills in fertiles and you might begin to wonder if there really is a direct link between fertility and writing skills. I might even be as bold as to suggest it could indicate an increased thoughtfulness and consideration for others among infertiles. It makes sense that people who have to deal constantly with unintentional thoughtless and hurtful comments from others would spend more time choosing their words carefully.

I have a confession - I used to be a smug first-timer. I can't remember ever upsetting anyone with a throwaway comment about how easy it was, but I also don't remember taking stock of the fertility status of those around me whenever I was talking babies. So if I ever hurt someone with a thoughtless comment, I am truly sorry.

I'm not sure how my fertility affected my language skills,

My 2003 pregnancy diary for Rollercoaster.ie

but you may need a bucket handy (Warning: Lots of enthusiastic babydust-style gushing, not recommended for long-term TTCers).

5 Comments:

At 4:17 AM, Blogger Beth said...

Phenomenal post Feebee!

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Feebee said...

Oh, thank you Prop!

 
At 12:43 AM, Anonymous lisau said...

hey...to get things on a less gloomy note as I am working on eternal optimist mode, here is a link to photos of my family & I ....
http://photos.yahoo.com/artmom24kids
Lisa

 
At 2:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! modafinil+animal+studies sport mp3 player

 
At 4:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. film editing schools

 

Post a Comment

<< Home