<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d17177972\x26blogName\x3dThe+Waiting+Game\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dLIGHT\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://2weekwait.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://2weekwait.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d5855585264951686984', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <script type='text/javascript' src='http://track3.mybloglog.com/js/jsserv.php?mblID=2006122920164598'></script>

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Well there's nothing wrong with me!

We had our Merrion Fertility Clinic (MFC) appt today.

The good news: Dr W doesn't put much weight on LP lengths and has advised me to stop taking Clomid and progesterone, which she reckons is probably doing me more harm than good. (If anyone knows where I can offload about 200 quid's worth of progesterone pessaries, please let me know.) So I have to give up on my dream of twins, but I am looking forward to going back to 25 day cycles, I had learned how to manage them - 37 days with Clomid was a whole new scary ball game to me.

The not so good news: DH's SA came back with 34% motility. Dr W says it could just have been a "bad day" and has booked him in for a re-test in 6 weeks (why can't he do it right now!!!). So in two cycles' time (grrr) we should find out if it is an issue or not.

Dr W also thinks that 5 months TTC (since m/c) is completely normal and has made a follow-up appointment for more extensive tests for the end of May if nothing has happened by then. She said she'd be reluctant to do any tests until then as my hormone profile is normal. At this point I played the age card but she was having none of it. So she's basically told us to go off and.....relax!!!.....and keep trying. Of course, if a civilian had said this to me I would have hit them, but coming from the mouth of a professional it was strangely calming.

4 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Anonymous lisau said...

Hi Feebee,
That sounds like a largely positive appointment & I am glad you are off those things as I also thought it was a bit premature to think you needed them. If future situation merits,yes of course.

Funny the age card,a decade ago maybe you could have used it..these days..nahhh,not with good test results at your age & statistics bear that out.

As far as the motility issue it can vary DRASTICALLY from one reading to another! I read on a site about a woman going for the donor egg route as part of a study,her husband tested at nearly zero early in the week & about perfect on Saturday! Activities of the day,underwear choice,recent illness etc.etc...lot's of things affect motility. If you want to up it naturally CoQ10 supplements are supposed to do wonders & it's just a supplement many people use already for immune benefits & heart health & it's just taken at regular doses.(that's my standard for these things if it has other benefits & is not taken at ridiculous doses, I'll do it!-it amazes me how many people go the herbal mega dose route..if it has an effect IT'S A DRUG!..)

Anyway,Great news...ad it will be nice to get back to a normal cycle. Your Dr.sounds quite sensible..not unwilling to do stuff as neccessary but not rushing either.

As for me...4 dpo & part of me feels like I was never pregnant,another reminds me that I am not because I feel that I should be! I had such a light cycle-a heavier one would really have helped me mentally.

Take care,
Lisa

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Glad to hear you had good news and you get a reprieve from the medicated rollercoaster.

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Feebee said...

Hi Lisa

I think the doc was surprised at the poor results as I've been pregnant (at least) twice before. Hopefully it will be better in 6 weeks. I've had him on zinc and selenium for the past month and have added Vit C to that now. Will look into CoQ10 too.

You're bound to be feeling your loss deeply - 4 weeks or 4 months, you still had hopes, expectations and dates. It's just not fair that this happens, especially to someone who's been through it so many times before. I made the mistake of taking a peek at the May 06 board on the message board I used to use - they're all talking about maternity leave!!! NOT FAIR!!! So I've been mourning my little baby again today, almost 5 months later.

Prop - I am looking forward to going au naturelle again. Hope your lap goes well and that things start to pick up for you.

 
At 7:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home