<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d17177972\x26blogName\x3dThe+Waiting+Game\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dLIGHT\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://2weekwait.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://2weekwait.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d5855585264951686984', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <script type='text/javascript' src='http://track3.mybloglog.com/js/jsserv.php?mblID=2006122920164598'></script>

Friday, February 03, 2006

Feebee - CD9

We have a strategic plan for this cycle - we are going to go at it hell for leather so that even if the little buggers can't swim properly, there will be so many of them up there, they will simply be backed up all the way to my ovary. And Dr W told us to do it every night in the run up to O. Dr D had previously told us only to do it every 2nd night, but as we've seen Dr W more recently, we will go with her. And, more importantly, the month we did actually get pregnant, we did it almost every night for 2 weeks. I am not boasting about our sexual prowess, I am merely stating the lengths to which we will go to become pregnant. We are currently on day 4 of the marathon and DH is still at the "Are we doing it tonight?" stage. I predict by early next week he will have reached the "Do we have to do it tonight?" phase.

Another strategic move I have made, this time to protect my sanity rather than to help the conception process, is to give up message boards. Regular readers may have been under the impression that I had already done this, but no, the last time I quit I only gave up posting. I have still been torturing myself regularly, crying over pregnancy announcements by people I haven't even talked to online, never mind met. But they've only been trying a few months! Yes, Feebee, this is the norm and you are the exception, say bye bye to the pregnant ladies and do something more useful with your time.

If there are any long-timers from my regular message board who pop in here now and again, please do let me know if you have any good news, I would genuinely love to know. Yes, I have been known to cry with happiness on hearing some pregnancy announcements, twice recently actually - one IVF baby after 7 years TTC, another pregnancy after a stillbirth. So ask yourself first, do you meet these fairly stringent requirements??? Only joking! All long-timers from MM and all bloggers very welcome.

4 Comments:

At 9:34 PM, Anonymous lisau said...

Hey Feebee,
Good plan & really the way a whole heap of babies have been conceived throughout the ages,right?
I am going to try it myself (Ahem I mean WE as solo wouldn't be productive now would it?) provided the next cycle ever gets going. The ONE thing I could always count on in this TTC thing is that my LP was at most 12 days long-usually 11-12. Here I am 14dpo..a tinge of spotting 2 days ago. I actually even tested(though gut said no dice) so am not PG,just stuck! I need that clearinghouse AF this time.If it gets going today I will be fertile on Valentines Day & since all my OTHER lucky days have worked so well I thought it would be fun to try only on holidays. Seriously, this time FULL EFFORT, no distractions, will turn the attic into a love retreat if neccessary to escape the children who end up in bed with us.
Have a lovely weekend,
Lisa

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Hear, Hear on giving up the boards. Unfortunately morbid curiousity gets to me and I continue to check on random occassion. Enjoy the marathon and good luck.

 
At 9:31 PM, Anonymous lisau said...

Hurray,
Cycle day 2! REALLY glad NOT to be pregnant as I don't think it would have been a cushy place to grow...I needed a cycle in between to build up a decent lining. So....one week from today I should be back in action (again,I mean we!).
Anyway, hope you had a nice weekend. Gettting myself off to clean..
Lisa

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Feebee said...

Prop - I've no doubt that will happen to me too, but as long as I don't feel I have to offer my congratulations or spread babydust it will be a lot easier.

Lisa - glad you're back in business again. Waiting around for AF knowing there's no hope is the worst cycle stage to be at. I had an ok weekend - it's hard work at the moment as we look after MIL on Saturdays, and DH is a full-time student so is really busy the rest of the time. If things had gone to plan we'd have a new baby this week too! How was your weekend?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home