<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d17177972\x26blogName\x3dThe+Waiting+Game\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dLIGHT\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://2weekwait.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://2weekwait.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d5855585264951686984', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <script type='text/javascript' src='http://track3.mybloglog.com/js/jsserv.php?mblID=2006122920164598'></script>

Friday, April 07, 2006

As young as you feel

DH tried a novel approach to dealing with my end/start of cycle behaviour this month - "You know you've aged ten years since this began". I stopped crying immediately.

Goddamn you infertility, you can take my hopes and dreams, you can take my sense of self-worth, but you take your filthy hands off my shell. I will fight you for every inch of youth I still have, so you can take your wrinkles, your grey hairs and your dark circles and offload them on someone else (a yummy mummy perhaps?).

So let's see, if I've aged ten years since the photo below was taken last year, that means I must now look........MY AGE!!! I'm not ready to be 36!!! I don't want to stop shopping in Top Shop. Ever. Should I stop going to clubs and gigs? Should I cut my hair? Do I dare eat a peach?

Have booked facial, massage and acupuncture for next week. Will look fabulous again by Easter.

Technorati tags:

3 Comments:

At 12:12 AM, Blogger Beth said...

Dear God - if infertility is going to keep aging me - I may be using a walker by next week. I am sorry that things didn't work out this past cycle.

 
At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Amber said...

YOu certainly look very young in that photo.
I am going to be 34 on Sunday and I feel like it has crept up on me, I don't feel 34......in my head I am about 24.......

 
At 2:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home