<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d17177972\x26blogName\x3dThe+Waiting+Game\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dLIGHT\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://2weekwait.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://2weekwait.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d5855585264951686984', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <script type='text/javascript' src='http://track3.mybloglog.com/js/jsserv.php?mblID=2006122920164598'></script>

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Famous at last

Dontcha just hate it when the meeja gets it wrong? Here's my modest attempt to put things right (published in today's Irish Times):

Madam, - Once again, The Irish Times (Sarah Boseley, May 5th), along with most other news sources, has made a fundamental error when discussing the subject of IVF.

I would like to set the record straight once and for all.

Doctors do not and cannot implant embryos in women's wombs; they simply transfer them. Implantation then has approximately a 25 per cent chance of occurring.

To ignore this fact is to ignore the heartache caused to so many infertile couples by the failure of embryos to implant following transferral after IVF. It is also scientifically inaccurate. - Yours, etc,

6 Comments:

At 10:37 PM, Anonymous lisau said...

Hey Feebee..
Good for you setting them straight. Papers will print anything particlarly if it quotes well, like the old "woman has a better chance of being hijacked by a terrorist than marrying at over 40" it wasn't that exactly but darn close!

I have to say I am not the superstitious new-agey type but I had such a strong feeling a couple hours back that good things are in store for the two of us. I wasn't even really thinking about much..I was sewing flags for the kids at school to put their own designs on when it just popped in my head along with a feeling of calm..very strange for me as I am quite logic-based. Let's take it as a good sign,shall we?
Lisa

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Feebee said...

I too am feeling strangely optimistic - I'll take it as a good sign for both of us!

 
At 11:22 PM, Anonymous lisau said...

Hey Feebee,
Freaky + OPK on cycle day 8! No soy or anything to affect things so who knows why..at any rate I am taking the Mother's day luck & running with it..yes, I know full well it's all garbage the date/luck thing..but come on MOTHER"S DAY must count for something!
Take care,
Lisa

 
At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Treelo said...

Hi Feebee, I haven't been here in a while so I had some reading to catch up on in your blog. I must admit, I can't imagine what infertility must feel like, your last few posts (and Tertia's) have made me realise how little I actually understand about the constant pain of it. I hope I haven't said anything insensitive to you at any point. I firmly believe that you will have more children, I felt it strongly last year when you were posting on the 'ttc after mc' board on magicmum and I still believe it. I'm hoping for you as always that something will 'work', be it adoption, IUI, IVF or an unexpected miracle. I like your letter to the Irish Times! Always good to set them straight. Best of luck to you as ever, thinking of you,
Treelo

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Good For you Feebee -the transfer/implant thing really chaps my ass.

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Feebee said...

Lisa - snap! +OPK on CD17. It wasn't mother's day here but will take your luck and run with it!

Good to hear from you Treelo - have you started TTC again yet?

Thanks Beth!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home