<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d17177972\x26blogName\x3dThe+Waiting+Game\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dLIGHT\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://2weekwait.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://2weekwait.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d5855585264951686984', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <script type='text/javascript' src='http://track3.mybloglog.com/js/jsserv.php?mblID=2006122920164598'></script>

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Top 10 things that haven't helped us get pregnant

With a nod to Jamie, here are mine:

1. Sex
2. Just relaxing
3. Doctors
4. Money
5. Unsolicited advice
6. TTC paraphernalia
7. Positive mental attitude
8. Crying
9. Begging
10. Pleading

4 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, Anonymous lisau said...

Hmmm...it would be interesting to compile a composite list of top tens.Oh the shattering of myths!
Feebee, I certainly hope that you have a whole household of children if that is what you choose. I always do reserve judgement until after a couple has had a second as that was a very hard transition for me personally & it took awhile to make the choice to try for number 3! I am hopeful that once your husbands appointment has taken place you will have fairly smooth sailing. It seems as there is nothing on your end stopping things & as you have conceived twice that chances are whatever is going
on is not insurmountable. I would in your shoes I probably would think seriously about IUI/IVF just to hasten the process for number 2. You may very well not need it if & when you go for # 3 as your underlying issues would have been resolved. In general, I think that we woman are pretty darn fertile til about 42..then
it seems like there is a BIG drop off in terms of pregnancies that go to term. So certainly if you decide on the big family you will be pregnant /TTCing for sometime to come.

As for me..I wish I could stop & accept things gracefully.
I seem to unable to give up the desire to feel life inside me,to nurse a baby the whole nine month miracle. I guess I will take it in steps. I can't see preventing as of yet, I will probably take this year to wind down..I didn't temp or OPK pre-O this cycle. I'd like to see if I can eventually do that each cycle. I am going to try to give a few wholehearted tries over this summer & come fall look to the adoption process. By then my friend should really be about midway through her Guatemalan
adoption so she should be a great resource. Once I can focus on that I think the conceiving thing will be much easier to give up as a child is the ultimate goal.And if we come by a pot of money anytime soon we will expidite the process.
It does seem unfair that money should stand in the way,but that is life I guess.

So... no crystal ball but I can say that I feel very hopeful on this end that you will be able to have your family & if you decide you want to be pregnant every couple of years why not 2 or 3 more?
Take care & hugs,
Lisa

 
At 1:10 AM, Blogger Beth said...

I'm inspired - I may do my own list. Too bad all the things you've said I've done as well.

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Feebee said...

Lisa - I can't imagine how difficult the decision to wind down TTC must be. At least you don't have to give up on your dream of another baby, just put it on hold for a while. I still have hope that you will be pregnant again - you've managed it a lot more recently than me! Maybe you'll end up with 2 more babies!!!

Part of the reason for my miserable mood is that I called my doc to see if I could organise IUI for next cycle and the short answer is no. I need to see her, then she will decide if I can do it, then I need to go on a training course, then get in the IUI queue. So it could be another few months before I get to have a go. And I'm pretty sure we're not going to get pregnant without it. And everyone around me is pregnant or having babies and telling me to relax. Boo hoo hoo....

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Feebee said...

Beth - I'm sure you'll come up with a killer list of your own, but feel free to borrow!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home