<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d17177972\x26blogName\x3dThe+Waiting+Game\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dLIGHT\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://2weekwait.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://2weekwait.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d5855585264951686984', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <script type='text/javascript' src='http://track3.mybloglog.com/js/jsserv.php?mblID=2006122920164598'></script>

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Blood, sweat and tears

How did I know this wouldn't be easy?

Called fertility clinic on CD1 yesterday to book in for (unmedicated) IUI. Have had various tests done in the last couple of months, so secretary went through them one by one - all clear, and by the way you won't be doing the IUI this cycle as you need to have up-to-date HIV and hepatitis tests first.

Ok, you may be silently bawling, your face may be contorted with pain, but DO NOT LOSE THE PLOT, remember what happened last time?

Let me take this in and think on the run - ok secretary, I'm not actually due in until CD9 for my first scan, so how about I come in immediately for the tests and then see if there's any way we can get them back in time. Secretary will try and organise this, but lets me know that the results usually take 2-3 weeks.

Half an hour later we're at the clinic trying to charm a nurse into prioritising our blood tests. She caves and marks them "urgent". We bring them to the lab and I try to find out how long "urgent" takes. Very kind nurse makes a call and says they will try and get them back tomorrow.

Nobody has called yet to let me know if IUI is back on or not. This is turning out to be one of my hardest fought battles in a long while.

4 Comments:

At 8:05 AM, Anonymous Sassy said...

Hi, I think you have a great blog and I've recently added you to my link list. Please email me at sassy@kimsplace.net for the password to my blog.

Cheers,
Kim aka Sassy

 
At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Amber said...

It must be so frustrating to not be able to do something...
You have waited so long to get this far so any other wait must seem like another hurdle to jump.
But God you are so so right to stick with it and not accept the first answer you are given.
I have always been the sort of person to just accept answers given to me by people in authority withour question but I have learnt not to accept the first answer you get.
Hopefully this is the beggining of something positive for you, hang in there.

 
At 9:28 PM, Anonymous lisau said...

Lost in cyberspace is a much nicer reply..I will say this though...it's the least they can do..rushing your tests as you should have been informed about them well before this date. I am crossing fingers for a go on this IUI.

I understand your earlier comment about miscarraiges..it was obviously faceitious as of course you wish that ordeal on noone.
It does happen unfortunately across the board & is particularly hard on those who have trouble conceiving as every conception is so hard fought & it is uncertain whether another is coming. I know that as horrible painful as my miscarraiges were..it was a comfort when I knew I could conceive easily..I had another chance. Now as I am post 40 nothing is easy and my loss of a 6 week
pregnancy last year is something that has stayed with me longer than my first loss at 12 weeks. Instead of easily conceiving I went nearly a year before having a blighted ovum. At this point I don't feel like conceiving at all is something I can count on. For me this is a more bitter pill to swallow then my 6 miscarraiges combined..this feeling of lack of control...obviously for someone who wants to have children it is that feeling that you have little or no chance that is the worst there is.

Keep up the neccessary battles,the reward will be great.
Good luck & big hugs,Lisa
P.S. no matter what the computer whiz tells you over the phone..drying out a keyboard in an oven does NOT work! We just got a new one after a week of checking e-mail by cutting & pasting our passwords!

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Feebee said...

Thanks Kim - will be in touch.

Lisa - we will both get there eventually. I hope.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home