<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d17177972\x26blogName\x3dThe+Waiting+Game\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dLIGHT\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://2weekwait.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://2weekwait.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d5855585264951686984', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <script type='text/javascript' src='http://track3.mybloglog.com/js/jsserv.php?mblID=2006122920164598'></script>

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Here we go

On the week I have the most news, I have the least time to post. It's all good though. On Tuesday I had 2 follicles, one 13.5mm, the other 10mm. I hoped and prayed and visualised, but by Thursday the 10mm had shrunk and there was only one good one at 17mm. DH reminded me that a singleton pregnancy would have a better chance. A small mercy. Gave myself a HCG shot on Thursday night (easy peasy) and did a HPT on Friday morning - so that's what they're supposed to look like!

And now it's Saturday morning. DH is going in to give his deposit at 10am and I'm in at 11.30am for the IUI. After everything we've been through to get here, I won't believe it until it's happened. What could go wrong at this stage??? Well, my endometrial lining has been very thin all along, and was 6.9mm on Thursday. The midwife said that ideally they like it to be at least 7.5mm, but they have seen pregnancies with thinner lining so should be happy to let me proceed with the IUI. My accupuncturist has given me herbs and cream to help increase the thickness of the lining so hopefully I will have reached the magic 7.5mm by 11.30am.

Anything else??? I will put this one down as an irrational fear, but I'm worried that DH's swimmers may have deteriorated further. The motility was worse in March than it had been in January and he hasn't been tested since. I suppose it could be better too, will just have to wait and see.

Finally, the stats for unmedicated IUIs are not good. The 10-15% success rates are for those with multiple follicles; I'm looking at approximately 6% with my one measly follicle.

All in all though, I'm so thankful to be finally on the treatment trail that I'm just happy to be here. Somebody has to fall in that 6% and all your much appreciated good wishes will surely help us on our way.

3 Comments:

At 3:22 PM, Anonymous lisau said...

Wow...
Continued good luck wishes! I never worry too much about broad statistics. If they were measuring women of your age,who had had earlier pregnancies, your size follicle,...blah blah blah....the stats you are seeing cover so many women in so many different situations. All that matters is that YOUR particular egg gets fertilized & grows.
I will be hoping very strongly for that,
Hugs & well wishes, Lisa

 
At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

More hope coming your way!
Derv

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Feebee said...

Thanks!

Lisa - any news?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home