<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d17177972\x26blogName\x3dThe+Waiting+Game\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dLIGHT\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://2weekwait.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://2weekwait.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d5855585264951686984', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <script type='text/javascript' src='http://track3.mybloglog.com/js/jsserv.php?mblID=2006122920164598'></script>

Monday, July 17, 2006

One day hope came knocking at my door

I've started this post a couple of times already and Ctrl+a deleted. I wasn't sure how to play it. Be cool and let on I'm waiting for AF? Mention a couple of developments but not draw any conclusions? In the end I decided to be honest, with you and with myself.

My temp went back up this morning. After yesterday's dramatics I didn't want to read too much into it, and I certainly didn't want to play the "maybe it's implantation" game, so didn't get my hopes up. I got another faint line on my HPT - it is now 9dpo and 11 days since my HCG shot (5000iu of Pregnyl). The general guidelines (as per peeonastick.com) are that it takes about 1 day for 1000iu to leave the system, although I've been warned it can take up to 12 days. So, today's HPT is not exactly breaking news, but here's the crux of the matter: up until yesterday the lines were getting lighter and lighter (yesterday's was of the variety only visible to special ladies), today's was ever so slightly darker. Now I use the adjective "darker" in a relative sense; I showed this morning's HPT to DH and his initial reaction was "no line, don't bother me". But I forced him to look again, properly (proper looking needs a brief tutorial), and he admitted that there was something there.

A line that a man can see! It's not exactly a BFP, but it's certainly enough to send Hope round to my place. Banging on the front door, she is. I'm thinking of letting her in - am I mad?

DH also volunteered this morning, with no prior knowledge of its relevance, that my boobs look very veiny. What the hell, I'm going to answer that door, calculate due date, look up names, plan the rest of my life. I've been looking forward to this moment for so long, I'm going to enjoy it, even if it only lasts a few hours.

P.S. Of course I worked out my due date when I O'd, and names have been picked for over a year - twas just for dramatic effect!

6 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Treelo said...

Oh feebee!!!
Have EVERYTHING crossed for you, oh I am hoping SO HARD that this is your month, you have been waiting so long, trying so hard and been through so much........ I swear I'd be happier to see you get a bfp than if I got one myself! Well... you know what I mean. If anyone deserves it its you honey. Watching this blog with baited breath....

 
At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Georgia said...

As one who is very experienced in the art of Careful Line Inspecting, I think you are pregnant. Very very very cool. Temp up, veiny boobs, darker line, albeit darker is a very relative sense.
A tentative congrats from the rocky place!!!

 
At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

have been a lurker on this blog and really hoping that this is IT for you! Waiting with bated breath for what I am hoping will be good news.

Sandra

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Feebee said...

Thank you so much. Still not fully pregnant but hoping!

 
At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Amber said...

A line is a line is a line.......I di 7 HPTs on my last PG until I beleived the last one as DH could see the line.....if a man can see it then it is a line. Hoping for you that this is it.

 
At 1:55 AM, Anonymous Meg Beattie said...

I know this is 2 years ago but I was wondering if you would be able to answer a question I have...
You mentioned that you were watching the line get fainter day by day?
I had my 1st HCG Trigger 8 days ago and out of the coutry for a month starting the day AF is due so I thought i would POAS everyday from 2 days ago and watch it get fainter until it was gone so I'd know if I tested on my holidays I would know if was truly a positive (if that happens) but my line is not getting fainter... or darker, just the same. Did you ever get that??
Sorry about his random questions... just looking for some realization I guess. If you ever get this, my email is megbeattie@gmail.com Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home