<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d17177972\x26blogName\x3dThe+Waiting+Game\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dLIGHT\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://2weekwait.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://2weekwait.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d5855585264951686984', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <script type='text/javascript' src='http://track3.mybloglog.com/js/jsserv.php?mblID=2006122920164598'></script>

Monday, July 10, 2006

The two week wait

What a mis-named blog this is. I refer to the URL. It was originally titled to take account of my post-miscarriage 2ww, one that would almost certainly result in pregnancy and would stand as a source of info "so that crazy ladies the world over can find some symptoms, some patterns and some comfort in the TTC endeavours of others."

The real purpose though, was to help me through those few short weeks when I should have been pregnant, until I became pregnant again and could rejoin the real world.

I'm still waiting.

And I've never made it to 2 weeks. Ignoring a couple of ill-advised medicated cycles, my LP has only ever been 7-10 days, a 1andabitww.

I'm here again, the 1andabitww. IUI went as planned on Saturday. No hiccups, no delays, a perfect insemination. I'm hoping to get closer to the 2 week mark this time, with the help of last Thursday's HCG shot. I want the anticipation to last as long as possible, don't think I'll be ready for the usual disappointment by Saturday. I won't be able to torture myself with HPTs for a while, as I had a good strong line this morning so reckon the HCG shot will take another 4 or 5 days to leave my system. Maybe I will find a different pattern of torture, I'm sure I can do that. Or maybe, just maybe things will be different this time, a 2ww with symptoms and patterns.....ha ha ha ha, no, sorry, just can't go there, can't even imagine it. Twas a different lass that started this blog, and she has long since left the building. The current writer is a realist, a cynic - there will be no self-indulgent symptom analysing, just a simple yes or no when the time comes.

6 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Anonymous lisau said...

Feebee,
Really wait to test as the trigger leaving varies quite a lot from person to person..or if you must test I guess you'd wait til it got negative then test a few days later. I am so glad it went well & have my fingers tightly crossed.

Your writing today really rings true. You know it's not so bad to feel like you did initially. It would be wonderful if it was that simple. I had my first pregnancy end in miscarraige at 10 weeks after doing the usual first time mom obsessive reading of the stages of pregnancy..looked for belly growth every day..etc.etc. I never experienced a carefree pregnancy after that and of course many women have it much worse.

This journey to become a mother is much like all of life isn't it. Lot's of twists & turns and joys & sorrows.No guarantees. However, on a positive note today I am pregnant. For the first time I read the word on one of those digitals so even my husband had to believe it. So..I am hoping for the both of us. No guarantees but hope of new life,
Many hugs,
Lisa

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Feebee said...

Oh Lisa, that's fantastic news. Please god this will be the one and you'll have no more heartache. Hope everything is looking good and that you're able to relax and enjoy it. I knew things would work out for you eventually!

 
At 9:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news Lisa - hope it all works out beautifully for you.
Derv

 
At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Amber said...

Lisa I am beginning to feel like I know you as well through reading your comments here on Feebees blog so heartfelt congrats to you.
Feebee maybe we will get the double this time and you can join Lisa.

 
At 1:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work »

 
At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! Baseball collegedale tennessee us womens national soccer team Sexy fitness model Hand held boating gps Auto detailing online college classes brazil soccer team

 

Post a Comment

<< Home