<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d17177972\x26blogName\x3dThe+Waiting+Game\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dLIGHT\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://2weekwait.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://2weekwait.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d5855585264951686984', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <script type='text/javascript' src='http://track3.mybloglog.com/js/jsserv.php?mblID=2006122920164598'></script>

Friday, July 28, 2006

The wait goes on

I always swore if and when this happened that I would just enjoy it as long as it lasted. Easier said than done. I'm 5w3d and anxiously awaiting a symptom of any sort. If I could just have a momentary bout of nausea, a flash of discomfort in a boob, an unexpected trip to the loo, then I could start to think maybe, just maybe this will last.

I know I am (was) pregnant, I have no problem saying the "P" word, but the baby thing is not within my sights just yet. There's a good bit of pregnancy to overcome before a frequently disappointed woman will start to think of new life.

I could be negative and say that my boobs are no longer very veiny, today's HPT is slightly lighter than yesterday's, and my temp is down slightly. But that wouldn't do anyone any good, and how significant is one day's events anyway?

Instead I'll cling to the odd burp, a moment of dizziness when I've stood up too quickly. And the knowledge that after all this time, we can get pregnant.

7 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Blogger Becki said...

oh, I'm hoping you feel something soon; not that it will make you feel completely reassured! I don't think I felt nausea till about 7 weeks or so. Your scan is next Weds?

 
At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Amber said...

Oh Feebee, I am heading away from internet land for 7 weeks, I hope I will come back to more good news from you, morning sickness I would normally not wish on anyone but in your case...........

 
At 10:59 PM, Anonymous lisau said...

Hey Feebee,
Yes,you did get preganant & pregnant you are.It is out of your hands and that is the scary part!
It is like a time warp,early pregnancy as time absolutely crawls! Assuming you nursed for any length of time(and even if you didn't your body set itself up to)your breasts may not hurt as they are "good to go!" This time I am neither "spot checking" or temping as pregnancy temps are meaningless..(otherwise why would Fertilityfriends tell you to stop after you get a +?)

I struggle daily, I vary between
confidence & a "what am I thinking..getting my hopes up"?I absolutely understand how you are feeling.

But..why not believe in possibilities? A loss will hurt regardless if we do our best to embrace these little lives or if we try to forget about our pregnancies, & put them on a backburner,(impossible anyway!).

Unfortunately for me my biggest early pregnancy symptom has always been achiness of the pelvic region..NOT the symptom I would prefer~!

Anyway..no magic cures for pregnacy anxiety..it stinks that we can't just go directly to planning our nurseries. BUT..today we are pregnant,a blessing for sure.

Hugs to you,
Lisa

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Feebee said...

Thanks Becki - scan is Thursday, feels like it will never come!

Amber - are you moving into your new house? Good luck!!!! And good luck with TTC too!

Lisa - right as always. I am pregnant, at least until proven otherwise, and will appreciate every minute of it. Was just a bit negative this week as DS has a questionable mole that has to be investigated, so the lack of symptoms was making me prepare for the worst.

Had sore boobs, a little nausea and some exhaustion yesterday!!! Nothing today, but at least yesterday's symptoms perked me up.

Hope you are still keeping well - are you past the 7 week hurdle now?

 
At 8:36 PM, Anonymous lisau said...

Hey Feebee,
I have my doom-feeling days too...
just keep looking at my belly & hoping.We are having the hottest
summer in years...90+ every day when high of 80 is the norm in our hot months. Next 2 days will be near 100 so I will be laying low.
I saw my brother & his wife this weekend & spilled the beans & they were THRILLED..it was really nice.
I will hit 7 weeks on Wednesday. I do figure mine from O date as I know I ovulated on day 10 without a question.
You will be right on the edge of seeing a heartbeat on your scan day. It will be a bonus if you do but many don't especially if the baby hides out a little.
I got a recommendation from a nurse friend so will be making a call this week setting up my first check.

How is your son? Are they going to biopsy or just keep an eye on things?

Time is certainly creeping, it hasn't gone this slowly since I was a kid anticipating Christmas.
I am glad you felt some queasies,if I didn't have my belly I would be hard-pressed to find any symptoms to report.Looking a bit dumpy..good thing I am tall. I bought a big purse that you wear across the body to hide my belly for the next few weeks. If everything goes well I guess the cat comes out of the bag when the new school year starts. Cetainly,I won't be able to hide it much longer that that.

Hugs,
Lisa

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Feebee said...

We are having a heatwave this month too, not today but hopefully the good times will be back tomorrow. It's so rare for us to see a sunny period that lasts more than a few weeks that I refuse to complain, no matter how hot it gets.

We are waiting to get an appt with a dermatologist for DS. Our GP doesn't think the mole is malignant, but it has changed shape and colour so we need someone to have a look at it.

That's fantastic news that your brother and his wife were so pleased for you. And you thought everyone would think you were stark raving mad!!!

Time is creeping here too. No symptoms today bar a bit of mid-afternoon tiredness, but it is my first day back after a month off. Roll on Thursday.

 
At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. film editing schools

 

Post a Comment

<< Home