<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d17177972\x26blogName\x3dThe+Waiting+Game\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dLIGHT\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://2weekwait.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://2weekwait.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d5855585264951686984', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <script type='text/javascript' src='http://track3.mybloglog.com/js/jsserv.php?mblID=2006122920164598'></script>

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Best boy in the world

Can I have a big round of applause for my wonderful, beautiful son? He has been such a tower of strength for me over the past two weeks. The day we found out the baby had died, he said to me "You're crying mummy, I'll make you better" and rubbed my face until I was "better". Whenever I've had cramps, he's rubbed my tummy, and he's a constant source of hugs and kisses. He knew the baby was coming (insisted he was getting a sister) but we didn't tell him about what happened (what difference does it make to a toddler whether the baby comes in 6 months or 12?). He asked me last week if my baby was sick. I can't remember saying or doing anything that would make him think that, but I suppose children notice everything that's going on whether we tell them or not. He still hasn't forgotten about the baby; the other day he made some space in his buggy and said "the baby can sit here". He's such a sweety, will make someone a wonderful big brother one day.

He's never been any trouble, latched on straight away, slept through the night from about 3 weeks, never made strange, no terrible twos, usually listens to reason. The only "problem" we've ever had with him is that he doesn't need very much sleep. And while this may be an irritation for us when we're still entertaining him at 11pm (please no advice, we've tried it all), it's probably something that will stand to him when he's older - the most productive people I know tend to be the ones that sleep the least.

We've both taken a few weeks off and have been having fun together every day. A definite upside of recent events. Some phone pics of our escapades:

Ice cream boyPicnicBlessington basin
DollymountKite chaserBeanie baby

4 Comments:

At 1:10 AM, Anonymous lisau said...

Hi Feebee,
Boy he is is a beauty, isn't he? My first, Nicky, was just like that & still needs little sleep. He has never lost his nice disposition & is an old soul.I suspect that your little guy will make a splendid big brother when the time comes.Children are really the best comfort aren't they..after all they are what this is all about anyway..the pot at the end of the rainbow.

You continue to be in my thoughts..
by the way,do't be surprised if your cycle is a bit wacky..I am still waiting for a + OPK on cycle day 14! Never to my knowledge in normal circumstances has my ovulation been so late,I a day 10-12 woman. My OPK's are getting darker so it's coming..just much later..

take care & big hugs,
Lisa

 
At 3:06 AM, Blogger Becki said...

our son doesn't sleep much either so I'm not gonna try and give you advice on that! I'm glad he's there for you and can make you smile when you need it the most.

 
At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Amber said...

He is cute isn't he.
Enjoy the time off, we don't take enough time off really do we!
Take care.

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Feebee said...

Thanks girls.

Lisa - you really are so brave, never giving up. Hope this one works out for you, and that I won't be too far behind. Am just about managing to hold on, desperate for O but know I need to wait for a couple of weeks after the bleeding stops - very light now so hope it won't be too long. Hope you are ok, big hugs from me too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home