<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d17177972\x26blogName\x3dThe+Waiting+Game\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dLIGHT\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://2weekwait.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://2weekwait.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d5855585264951686984', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <script type='text/javascript' src='http://track3.mybloglog.com/js/jsserv.php?mblID=2006122920164598'></script>

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

She's having a baby

The new baby takes after its brother - dancing mad! We saw it do two full-on Mexican waves yesterday, arms and legs. So that's it, I'm only 10w4d but I am having a baby.

I AM HAVING A BABY!!!

Sssshhhhh, don't tell anyone yet. Big scan is two weeks tomorrow at 12w5d and if all goes well I'll be shouting from the rooftops. Well, I'll probably be hinting embarrassedly at the possibility that I might be pregnant. I find it very hard to say it to people, did last time too. I don't like making a fuss and I certainly don't like putting people in a position where they feel obliged to make a fuss over me. Same way I don't like organising much for my birthday - don't like to force people into spending a fortune on dinner and drinks just because I say so. Wasn't even going to have a hen night for the same reason, but thankfully it was organised for me and we had a fab night - cocktails, sushi and a private karaoke room, how could we go wrong? Ha ha ha, two of my friends even paid our waiters to strip for us, which they did, halfheartedly. Apparently it went down in restaurant history and they've been slagged about it ever since (my friend knows the owner). It was all very tasteful, I swear, and I did not wear flashing willies on my head at any point in the night.

Hmmm, I digress. I don't like fuss. And this time round I'm even more aware that my good news may not be such great news for everyone. I am also getting ahead of myself, there is still a 2% miscarriage risk.

But a 98% chance of a baby!

8 Comments:

At 8:23 PM, Anonymous Georgia said...

Congrats on the waving baby!!!

 
At 9:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Theres a baby in there!
Well done, and just start dropping the hints now (sure they prob all know anyway!)
E

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Hoping said...

oh how wonderful! thanks for stopping by my blog and the kind words.....they mean a great deal.

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Sadie said...

hurray for the dancing baby!!!

I'm sure most of your friends will have guessed from the huge grin on your face

S

 
At 7:42 AM, Anonymous Treelo said...

Yay!! Delighted to hear about waving baby, thats such good news! And 98% odds, well you can't get alot better than that! Thrilled for you honey, fantastic.

 
At 12:37 PM, Anonymous lisau said...

There is not much more thrilling
a sight than a wiggly, healthy baby.
I am so happy for you....& you are almost to the second trimester. The next big thrill will be the absolute best...baby nudges & pokes.
Take care,
Lisa

 
At 2:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Feebee

Second trimester is so great. Done with the first, most of MS etc. over but still not so huge that youre feeling tired and looking bloated. So enjoy this wonderful time!

NYC

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Feebee said...

Thank you so much everyone. I'm still holding out until Thurs week when we'll know for sure if everything is ok, but I have to say I'm feeling very optimistic (most of the time!).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home