<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d17177972\x26blogName\x3dThe+Waiting+Game\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dLIGHT\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://2weekwait.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://2weekwait.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d5855585264951686984', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <script type='text/javascript' src='http://track3.mybloglog.com/js/jsserv.php?mblID=2006122920164598'></script>

Friday, October 27, 2006

You are what you write

It turns out that infertility post-miscarriage is not just about picking up where you left off. I had thought it would be easier because "at least you know you can get pregnant". And yes, I am hopeful for subsequent treatment cycles. But there is a cloak of sadness, both protecting and hiding me from the outside world, that wasn't part of last year's post-miscarriage collection. Occasionally the cloak comes off and I feel like standing up, naked, and screaming "See, I'm not like other people".

That's what's changed. Before I was a normal person suffering the knock-back of infertility. I was (or should I say, we were) infertile, I was not "an infertile". Now I am little else.

I gained a colleague this week - a successful, outgoing, friendly guy, full of enthusiasm for his work, and for his 6 month old daughter. It's like looking into the mirror of what might have been, had our May 2006 baby made it.

And yet I don't feel like a failure. In my work and my social life, sure, but in life, no. I don't feel like a failure because I know I've done everything possible to help us have a baby. In fact, I feel like a successful infertile - from miscarriage to IUI in less than a year! I should write a book. I should write a book.

1 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually you should write a book, it would be so helpful for other women to read.
TTC can be such a mystery for so many people and being able to read all the technical stuff combined with the real life elements from someone who understands it would be great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home