<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d17177972\x26blogName\x3dThe+Waiting+Game\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dLIGHT\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://2weekwait.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://2weekwait.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d5855585264951686984', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <script type='text/javascript' src='http://track3.mybloglog.com/js/jsserv.php?mblID=2006122920164598'></script>

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

One is not enough

I was waiting to see my GP for a smear yesterday, getting my periodical update of Hello magazine, when I came across a beautiful lady who lived in a stately home and had just had her second child. "I feel like a real mother now", "We have a proper family now". I have long suspected that three does not a "proper" family make, so thank you Hello magazine for making this official.

I do remember some mumblings about becoming a real family when I announced our second pregnancy, and I don't remember getting terribly upset about it. You live and learn.

Another day, another doctor's appointment. Scan for follicles today. So, what's the biggest follicle you've ever had? Go on, I challenge you to a duel of follicular mass!

29mm, 25mm

Do I win? Please tell me my useless body is best at something. The 29mm may just be a large cyst (although there was none showing at this stage last cycle), but the 25mm should have an egg inside. I was right about being due to O several days ago - the Orgalutran I've been taking since Mon prevents this. One reason is to avoid an early O, but the main reason that I can see is so that the clinic can ensure their patients O between 9am and 5pm, Mon to Fri.

So, 2 large follicles, lining 10mm, trigger tonight and IUI on Fri. Deep breath, and off we go again.....

6 Comments:

At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Treelo said...

Oh it sounds promising Feebee! Hang in there honey, you have such amazing strength. As usual, I have everything crossed for you. By the way J is such a cutie, he looks so lovely beside the Xmas tree!

 
At 3:48 PM, Anonymous amber said...

I considered us a family when we moved in together just me and DH, well DP as he was then.
Must admit to being clueless re the sizes but fingers, toes etc crossed for you here.

 
At 3:48 PM, Anonymous amber said...

I considered us a family when we moved in together just me and DH, well DP as he was then.
Must admit to being clueless re the sizes but fingers, toes etc crossed for you here.

 
At 9:30 PM, Anonymous lisau said...

Hey Feebee,
Wishing you the best with this IUI.
Your tree looks pretty & it's funny to see another red living room jammed with books..I have one myself.
As far as the very stupid comment on family size, if true then at least half my friends are fooling themselves as the 3 person family is MUCH more common than mine these days.
I will be e-mailing you soon as I have something to send off,
Lisa

 
At 7:10 AM, Anonymous Georgia said...

I've been so behind on my favorite blogs, so...wishing you good luck this cycle. I really hope it works...

 
At 1:04 AM, Blogger Feebee said...

Hi Georgia, nice to hear from you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home