<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d17177972\x26blogName\x3dThe+Waiting+Game\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dLIGHT\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://2weekwait.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://2weekwait.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d5855585264951686984', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <script type='text/javascript' src='http://track3.mybloglog.com/js/jsserv.php?mblID=2006122920164598'></script>

Monday, February 12, 2007

How babies are made

You know that talk you have with your kids, the one about where babies come from (when they are about 10 and hopefully know it all already)?

Done.

My 3 year old is now fully au fait with the mechanics of baby making.

"Mummy, do you have a baby in your tummy yet?" (very eager for a brother)

"No, the doctor is going to try and put a baby in my tummy soon"

"Does the doctor have to cut you to put the baby in?"

"No, he will put it in here" (point to "down there")

"Oh, is that where the baby comes out when it's bigger?"

"Yes"

"Did the doctor put me in your tummy?"

"No, Daddy did. Usually daddies put babies in the mummies' tummies. But sometimes the daddies aren't able to do it and the doctor has to help"

"The baby that died, did Daddy put that in your tummy?"

"No, the doctor did"

"Oh. When the baby comes out of your tummy it can sleep on the sofa in my room. And I will change its nappy"

"Every day?"

"Yes"

"Great"

And not a mention of a penis entering a vagina. That's like, so last year.

10 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Discreid said...

Dd asked me the day before yesterday - "Mommy, you're making a baby for my in your tummy now aren't you?" - yes baby I'm trying my very very hardest to. She really piles on the pressure for a three (and a half!) year old.

 
At 8:32 AM, Anonymous DH said...

Roses are red
Like my still beating heart,
Like the heart that will start a beat
inside of you soon,
A new heart, with your eyes and my smile,
Someday soon.

Love
DH

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Feebee said...

Aww, thanks love. (cry).

 
At 1:33 AM, Blogger The Town Criers said...

My daughter also likes to tell me that she has a baby in her belly. As if seeing pregnant women everywhere wasn't bad enough, I now need to deal with a "pregnant" 2 1/2-year-old...

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Abby said...

i love you both so much.
i wish you joy.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Red Mum said...

I remember doing the talking around difficult questions while trying to be truthful and open.

The day my daughter asked me 'I know the sperm fertilizes the egg, but how does the sperm get there?'.

There's only one answer to that and it involved talking about penises to one wide-eyed and attentive seven/eight-year-old.

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Feebee said...

Ha ha - there really is only one answer to that question. Unless of course the doctor did it.

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Feebee said...

Town Criers - nice to meet you.

Abby - thank you!

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Adrienne said...

What a wonderful child - already agreeing to change diapers! Brilliant!

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Thalia said...

What a lovely conversation. It's very sweet that he is longing for a sibing so much.

I have to say that I got the facts of life at 3 when my brother was born, my mum gave me the whole story and it never did me any harm, penises and all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home