And the wait goes onThere were 4 follicles today, which is the clinic's cut-off, so we have to decide over the weekend whether or not we want to proceed, with the likelihood that there will be nothing to transfer. I've to stay on 600iu Puregon over the weekend and come back for a scan on Monday. It seems I do have an ovarian reserve problem. My FSH is normal but my E2 is really high so that is probably masking the real FSH level, which the nurse guessed would be about 10. (Why has it taken so long for someone to point this out to me? Bloods were done 18 months ago.) And given that I've responded so poorly to the highest level of meds they allow, it's likely that I have diminished reserves for my age. There's no guarantee I'll respond any better on a different protocol, although they'll probably do a shorter one next time with no downregulation and 600iu Puregon from the start; I can start this as soon as I have a bleed.
For now my choices are: go ahead with 4 follicles, convert to an IUI, or timed intercourse.
You know me, instant gratification girl. At the moment I'm thinking, what the hell - if I can start another IVF cycle straight away one way or another, then what's the point in wasting the follicles I have now? If I only have a few eggs left, I don't want to waste any.