<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\07517177972\46blogName\75The+Waiting+Game\46publishMode\75PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\46navbarType\75SILVER\46layoutType\75CLASSIC\46searchRoot\75http://2weekwait.blogspot.com/search\46blogLocale\75en_US\46v\0752\46homepageUrl\75http://2weekwait.blogspot.com/\46vt\0755855585264951686984', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <script type='text/javascript' src='http://track3.mybloglog.com/js/jsserv.php?mblID=2006122920164598'></script>

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

This post is all about pregnancy

25w4d today. Past the 24 week viability mark. Although those in the know suggest that 26 weeks marks the point at which hospitals make a reasonable effort at viability. Almost there. Of course baby must be born alive first.

I have been blessed with a trouble-free pregnancy. That is, if you discount my ten weeks of vomiting hell, and the fact that I have spent the entire pregnancy making sure baby is still alive and trying to work out my chances of keeping her that way.

My obstetric care has been great and I am looking forward to a birth with a team that I trust. However, this is only because we have paid for it. All pregnancy-related care is available on the public health service (i.e. free) in Ireland. However, I just couldn't face telling my history to a different consultant on each visit, constantly reminding medical staff of the cocktail of drugs needed, begging for early scans, recovering on a maternity ward after a D&C. Mind you, private care doesn't always guarantee that staff actually read my file. A nurse recently told me that my obs must have delivered a baby for me in the past. I said, no, I was certain she hadn't. The nurse inquired as to why my file was so big. I guess six miscarriages trumps a live birth in terms of column inches.

My little baby is doing fine and so am I. I think I am functioning as a normal human being again. It helps that I don't have to hide from the past - my book is out soon so talking about that means talking about the last three years. We have not reached the finishing line yet but we have to act as if we will. The alternative does not bear thinking about.

8 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, Blogger Deno said...

Feebee, that's wonderful so glad all is well with you and baby A. I am looking forward to reading your book as much as I look forward to reading your posts. I really respect the fact that you have not been afraid to share all the good parts of this journey i.e. this pregnancy. It has given me great hope...I truly mean that. I am almost positive it has done the same for many.

 
At 12:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there F, and little baby A - not long now..
Ex

 
At 3:01 PM, Anonymous dorothy said...

For the first time in ages your google ad is nothing to do with miscarriage or infertility - instead to do with a fitness franchise for women (perhaps a cruel reminder of what we're going to face after these little creatures arrive in the world....)

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Laura said...

I have told M several times lately that if we ever get there again we are going private. I just can't tell this story to a new person every time I go to a hospital. I have also ensured him that I will never do combined care again.

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger K8 the Gr8 said...

This is going to be exciting :)

You should start feeling flutters soon, if you haven't already! I really miss that feeling.

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Feebee said...

deno - thanks so much for that. I'm afraid I was never that gracious, other people's pregnancies, almost without exception, made me hunched and wizened and bitter. Whenever people asked me if others' successes gave me hope, I'd say, only if they had high FSH, a long history of miscarriage and got pregnant because of a revolutionary new treatment that I could avail of. Yeah, I was a right cow some of the time.

dorothy - so even the google bot has noticed a change in mood!

k8 - I have been feeling flutters for months! I'm having full-on visible tummy movements already - I love it!

 
At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, the doctor who delivered my first DD, also a school friend, by coincidence, gave birth at 26 weeks herself, she has a fantastic 4 year old now!
Amazing to see. Just thought I would throw that in.
Glad to hear all is well with you.
AMBER

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger opop said...

性感遊戲 ,成人網站 ,布蘭妮貼圖區 ,kiss情色網 ,網路自拍 ,絲襪美腿 ,歐美貼圖片區 ,情色交友 ,a片分享 ,線上a片 ,sogo情色論壇 ,情色聊天室 ,癡漢論壇 ,et免費a片 ,咆哮小老鼠 ,影音城論壇 ,kavo ,美女遊戲區 ,台灣情 kiss 色網貼圖區 ,辣手美眉 ,情色貼圖 ,美女寫真 ,sogo情色論壇 ,成人視訊 ,高雄正妹地圖 ,影片轉檔 ,美女圖庫 ,脫衣服遊戲 ,999成人性站 ,色咪咪影片網 ,線上即時通 ,18成人avooo ,免費 a片 ,免費av18禁 ,aio交友網 ,無碼女優 ,貼圖 ,69成人 ,美女寫真 ,qq聊天室 ,080苗栗人聊天室 ,波波情色貼圖 ,哈雷聊天室 ,情色漫畫 ,高雄正妹地圖 ,

看a片 ,成人夜色 ,小魔女自拍天堂 ,成人網站 情色論壇 ,視訊 ,影音分享 ,影音部落格 ,卡通影片 ,成人情色 ,色情聊天室 ,野外自拍 ,ut聊天室 ,aa的滿18歲影片 ,正妹強力版 ,3d美女圖 ,聊天室入口 ,性感沙灘3 ,成人文學 ,貼圖區 ,小弟弟貼影片 ,中部人聊天室 ,18禁漫畫 ,vlog電眼美女 ,躺伯虎聊天室 ,正妹照片 ,嘟嘟貼圖 ,av影片 ,小弟弟貼影片區 ,a片小說 ,080聊天室 ,a片免費看 ,正妹星球 ,真實自拍 ,看a片 ,免費小說 ,av女優貼圖 ,上班族聊天室 ,袍嘯小老鼠影片 ,美腿圖 ,免費aa片試看 ,杜蕾斯成人 ,a片線上免費看 ,電話交友 ,聊天室入口 ,女優盒子 ,小弟弟貼影片區 ,熟女人影片 ,999成人性站 ,美眉脫內衣遊戲 ,禁地成人 ,正妹強力版 ,癡漢論壇 ,彰化人聊天室 ,美女相簿 ,大家來找碴美女 ,情色自拍 ,波波情色貼圖 ,裸體美女 ,a38av383影音城 ,成人貼圖 ,18禁卡通 ,比基尼美女 ,熊貓成人貼 ,女同聊天室 ,台灣18成人網 ,qq 交友 ,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home